I know you're all itching to know what the timetable will be for the negotiations over the next Framework Programme, Horizon 2020. Well itch no more. Here is a brief run down of the run up to its glorious launch in January 2014.
- May 2012: European Parliament’s Industry, Technology, Research and Energy (ITRE) Committee publishes report on H2020.
- June 2012: Parliament publishes amendments to the proposals.
- July 2012: final calls to FP7.
- Nov/Dec 2012: Parliament votes on proposals. The European Council (made up of national science ministers) will vote around the same time.
- Dec 2012/Jan 2013: discussion (or, if you will, a trialogue) between the Commission, Council and Parliament about the proposals and amendments.
- June 2013: agreement should have been reached.
- Dec 2013: Adoption of legislative acts by Parliament and Council that will bring H2020 into force.